Sunday, December 18, 2011
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Recently I had experience of developing small set of web applications for internal use. These applications were based on ZKoss AJAX UI framework. During development me and my teammates realized that we need set of UI test just because it easier and faster to test our work automatically than manually.
- ZKoss element type and caption (i.e. @menu[label=”File”])
- ZKoss element type, caption and modal form on which it located (i.e. @window[title=”Error”] @button[label=”Close”])
Also we have some issues:
- With two similar applications we have different behavior of internet explorer WebDriver (it’s related to issue http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=2247). With one application we see unnecessary scrollbar and with other we don’t see it.
- We still can’t run htmlunit tests with our application.
- We still can’t run component tests with ZTL-2 and this will be subject of future investigation.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Windows 7 as telnet server
1. Enabling telnet server feature under Windows 7
In Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, both Telnet client and Telnet server features are available, although they are not turned on by default. These features can be turned on by an administrator (or a user with an administrator account) through Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Turn Windows features on or off. Instructions for turning on the Telnet client are also provided in Help in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
2. Increase maximal telnet server connections count
To set desired number of connection please modify next registry key
3. Each user could have own autologon script
You should modify file C:\WINDOWS\system32\login.cmd ( check registry key LoginScript in node HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TelnetServer\1.0)
rem Default global login script for the Telnet Server
rem In the default setup, this command script is executed when the
rem initial command shell is invoked. It, in turn, will try to invoke
rem the individual user's login script.
rem Modification allows to have own autorun for each user
echo Microsoft Telnet Server.
echo Hello %USERRNAME%
echo To have autorun please modify (or create)
cd /d %HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%
IF EXIST "%HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\autotelnet.bat" call "%HOMEDRIVE%\ %HOMEPATH%\autotelnet.bat"
After that, modify your autotelnet.bat in your user directory (for example add c:\dn\dn line to run DosNavigator on each logon).
If you have troubles with hot-keys usage, you could run telnet client in next way
telnet -t vtnt YOUR_SERVER_NAME
Saturday, May 21, 2011
After month of usage I've got crack (1/4") starting at the lower left corner of the screen, in the plastic casing (the screen itself is fine).
I wrote letter to Amazon service. Lately I received an answer. From the answer I understand that I need to call to customer service. I live in Ukraine and it’s costly to me to call to US. I wrote another letter to describe situation. But the answer was the same
I called to customer service and described the situation. After short talk I was assured that my kindle will be changed to new one and all my charges will be refunded.
- There was order created for me. I should pay for the new Kindle and for shipping ($210).
- Money for my old Kindle and it’s shipping to Ukraine was refunded on my card one week later ($210).That day I confirmed order to my new Kindle.
- Later I went to the UPS office and sent my old kindle back to Amazon ($106,5)
- In 10 days I received my money back.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
All you need it's just to convert CHM to MOBI format using Calibre.
But in this case you can get artifacts like in picture below
So we need:
Remove table and link CONTENTS
1 Remove buttons
To get images from CHM like from archive you can use CHMdir plugin for Total Commander. Find necessary images and edit them. Make them blank with any image editor (it could be even Paint for Windows).
2 Remove table
Follow all operations on a screenshot
You are ok if in field 6 after test (5) you will have not zero
In this example I replaced:
<table width="100%" border=" 1 " bgcolor="#EBEBFF">
<table width="100%" border=" 0 " bgcolor="#EBEBFF">
to hide the table and
<a class="docLink" href="Front%20matter.htm">CONTENTS</a>
with empty line to remove this link.
After all this steps you will have pretty clean e-book in mobi format